Forgot Windows 7 password? It’s no you for anyone to feel frustrated, no matter what your computer level is. It’s true that there are some extremely easy methods to for your Windows 7 password reset. Here will show you how to reset Windows 7 password by using CMD.
Note: The following steps are available on the condition that your Windows 7 machine is accessible through another administrator account.
How to Access Command Prompt?
Regarding how to access command prompt, there are 2 options for you.
1. Turn on your computer, and the repeatedly tap F8 key as the computer is booting.
2. When "Windows Advanced Options Menu" window appears, use arrow keys to select "Safe Mode with Command Prompt" and press Enter.
3. Log in as administrator when you see a logon screen.
4. You'll see Windows command prompt after entering safe mode.
1. Log on your Windows 7 computer through the accessible administrator account.
2. Open command prompt by typing ”cmd” in the start text search box, and right-clicking “Command Prompt” to select “ Run as administrator”.
How to reset Windows 7 password by using CDM?
After opening command prompt, you can use net user command to reset your Windows 7 password by following steps listed below.
1. Enter "net user" on the command prompt, and press Enter. It will list all the user names of your Windows accounts.
2: Enter "net user Unlocker 123456” on command prompt and press Enter.
“Unlocker” refers to the Windows 7 user name while “123456” refers to the new password for the Windows user. This command line means that you want to reset the lost "Unlocker" account password to "123456".
3. When it takes effect, you'll be able to logon the Unlocker account with the new password of "123456".
One More Tip: If this method doesn’t work, a recommended way is to try Windows Password Unlocker, which allows you to reset forgotten Windows 7 password in minutes.