When you forgot your Windows login password, what would you do? Take your computer to a PC repair shop or buy an expensiveWindows password recoverytool? Well, sometimes it costs you no penny to get back or reset your lost Windows password actually. Don't believe it? Just have a try of the following free Windows password recovery solutions if you forgot Windows password to your computer.
1. Ophcrack LiveCD
Many free Windows password recovery tool are supposed to help you get back in computer if oneforgot Windows passwordfor your computer. In reality, some users resort to free Windows password recovery tool to unlock their PC, like Ophcrack. Ophcrack LiveCD is a completely self contained, bootable version of Ophcrack. Ophcrack LiveCD is the easiest and most effective Windows password recovery freeware that I've ever found to "crack" your forgotten Windows password.
Since you can't login your Windows PC because you lost the password, so first you'll need to visit Ophcrack's website to download ophcrack LiveCD. Please make sure that if you've forgotten Windows 7 password or Vista password, click on ophcrack Vista LiveCD. If you've forgotten XP password, click on ophcrack XP LiveCD.
2. Cain & Abel
Unlike Ophcrack and other popular Windows password recovery programs,Cain & Abelrequires access to Windows under an administrator account. In fact, Cain & Abel is a bit more complicated to use than other password recovery tools which is usually unavailable for Windows Vista as is said.
If you have no way of getting in to your Windows PC, you will not be able to use Cain & Abel to recover your password. Moreover, before you can use Cain & Abel, you'll need to download a rainbow table. These large databases of passwords are required so Cain & Abel can reset the forgotten windows password.
3. Available Admin Account
It's well known that Windows administrator users have rights to change password of other user account on the same computer. So if you forgot password of the user account, just enter your administrator account and do as follows:
1. Press F8 to enter theAdvanced Boot Optionswhen booting your PC.
2. SelectSafe Modeand enter your computer with an Administrator password.
3. In Safe Mode, clickStart->Run-> Typecontrol userpasswords2->clickOK.
4. On the coming up Users screen, click the name of the user account that you want to reset the password for, and then clickReset Passwordto process.
4. Windows Password Reset Disk
It is considered the easiest way to reset Windows password when you are forbiddened to access your laptop with protected password. However, many of us haven't enough consciousness on creating a Windows password reset disk before they lost the password.
1. Type a wrong password on the Windows logon screen.
2. ClickOKwhen Windows displays a message that the password is incorrect and "Reset password" link will appear.
3. ClickReset passwordto pop up Password Reset Wizard screen, and then clickNext.
4. Follow the steps in the Password Reset Wizard to create a new password.
Note:This solution takes effect provided you have created a Windows password reset disk for your Windows account in advance.
5. Typing Ctrl + Alt + Del (Only Under Windows XP)
This option is only for Windows XP. Furthermore, the default administrator account on Windows XP is enabled and not password protected by default, which is disabled by default on Windows 7 and Vista.
1. Turn on your Windows XP machine and go to its logon screen.
2. PressCtrl+ Alt +Deltwice to pop up the classic logon box.
3. EnterAdministratorin the User name box and then clickOKto log on your Windows XP machine.
4. ClickStartbutton to pop up the Run box, and then typecontrol userpasswords2and clickOK.
5. On the coming screen, click the name of the user account that you want to reset the password for, and then clickReset Passwordfor password recovery.
6. System Recovery Option
You can use system recovery options to reset lost Windows password by using Windows installation disc or access to the recovery options provided by your computer manufacturer. Also you can create a system repair disc as below:
1. Click the Start -> Control Panel -> System and Security -> Backup and Restore.
2. ClickCreate a system repair discon the left pane.
3. Insert a blank CD/ DVD into your CD/DVD drive and click on the Create disc button. It will start creating the System Repair Disc.
4. When it's finished, click theClosebutton, and then clickOKto finish.
Of course, if you cannot resolve your problem with these free Windows password recovery tools, you can create a password reset disk withWindows Password Unlocker, which allows to burn a password reset CD/DVD or USB flash drive to bypass lost password on Windows 7/Vista/XP/2000/2003/2008 in a short time.