To ensure the highest level of security, most software requires the use of passwords. With a password required for just about everything, it can be difficult to remember them all. If you have forgotten Windows Vista password, learn to reset it with a reset disk or an administrator account.
Reset With a Reset Disk
1. Recognize the error message. When you type the wrong password, you receive a message that says "Your password or user name is incorrect."
2. Click "OK."
3. Click "Reset Password."
4. Complete the instructions that follow. Windows Vista prompts you through the password resetting process.
Reset Windows Vista Password With Admin Level Account
1. Log into Windows Vista under the administrator account. Click the "Start" button.
2. Type "lusrmgr.msc" into the Search field. Press the "Enter" key.
3. Enter the administrator password to confirm that you wish to open this file.
4. Double-click the "Local Users and Groups" icon. Select the "Users" tab.
5. Right-click on the user account that needs its password reset. Click the "Set Password" option from the drop-down menu.
6. Type the new password in the two fields that are provided. Click "OK" to accept the change.
Reset Vista Password With Windows Password Unlocker
We can recover or reset Windows Vista password with a password hint or a password reset disk without any difficulty. But the dilemma is we always forgot to create the password hint of disk in advance. Then how to deal with? Reinstall your computer? No, you’ll lose your data or other files on computer permanently. Under this condition, a Windows password recovery tool seems to be a necessity. Windows Password Unlocker is professional Windows password recovery software for you to reset Vista password including Windows Domain, Administrator and User password with ease.