Problem :I lost Windows 7 login password. What can I do to prevent my netbook from turning into a useless piece of junk?
“I have searched for the answer to this for an hour now and I keep finding the same non-answers. I'll spell it out very simply and hopefully someone will know what I'm talking about.
My girlfriend's little sister had a netbook and then gave it to my girlfriend once she got an iPhone. My girlfriend set a Windows 7 Starter login password for the netbook, but then didn't use it for months. She's now trying to use it and just simply cannot remember the password.”
Have you ever met with the similar trouble? Did it take you down and how did you to solve this Windows 7 password recovery issue?
Well, today we are going to discuss the solutions on how to reset forgotten Windows 7 password.
Solution 1: Reset Windows 7 Password with Windows Password Reset Disk
1. If you enter the wrong password when you attempt to log on, Windows will display a message that the password is incorrect. Click OK to close the message box.
2. Click Reset Windows Password, and then insert Windows password reset disk (or other removable media).
3. Follow the steps in the Password Reset Wizard to create a new password.
4. Log on with the new password. You can use the same password reset disk instead of making a new one when you lost it again.
Solution 2: Reset Windows 7 Password with Typing lusrmgr.msc
1. Log on to the account who owns the credential of an administrator account to reset the forgotten password.
2. Open Local Users and Groups by clicking the Start button , typing lusrmgr.msc into the Search box, and then pressing ENTER. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
3. Double-click Local Users and Groups, and then click Users.
4. Right-click the account that you need to reset the password for, and then click Set Password.
5. Type and confirm the new password.
Solution 3: Reset Windows 7 Password From the Command Prompt
In the Command Prompt you can monitor all the user of the computer by typing some commands.
1: Press Win Key+R and type cmd in the Run command box and hit enter to open command prompt. And then type net user in the command prompt and hit Enter. The Command Prompt will show you all accounts on the Windows 7 PC.
2: Type net user xyz (xyz is the locked admin account's name and 123 is the new password) and press Enter. Now you have successfully created a new password on the locked admin account.
3: Type shutdown -r -t 00 and press Enter.
However, sometimes you may fail to reset the forgotten password on Windows 7. Then what you need is a popular Windows password recovery software – Windows Password Unlocker, which performs well to reset any popular Windows OS password for local and domain account.