A blocked administrator password on your computer can prevent you from logging into your PC, turning your expensive investment into a pile of plastic and silicone. Changing the administrator password on your system is possible by using a recovery disk with the option to crack the existing Windows password. Programs that are capable of accomplishing this include the EBCD boot CD and the Offline NT Password & Registry Editor.
Option 1: Recovery Disk with Ophcrack
Ophcrack is one of the best Windows password recovery freeware which allows to reset Windows password with a LiveCD. The software uses special rainbow tables to figure out your password and displays it on-screen.
1. Download Ophcrack from its official site and then burn the downloaded file to a CD using any CD burning program.
2. Insert the disk containing the password cracker into your computer.
3. Restart the PC and press any key as the computer is loading to boot from CD.
4. Select the option to "Crack Password."
5. Input your new desired password and press "Enter" to change the password.
6. Remove the CD from your computer and restart the PC
Option 2: Reset disk with Windows Password Unlocker
Windows Password Unlocker is well-known for Windows password recovery and taken as one of the most efficient and powerful toolkit to reset forgotten password on all popular Windows OS.
1. Download and install Windows Password Unlocker Professional
2. Burn a bootable CD/DVD or USB to remove lost Windows password.
3. Set your target computer to boot from CDROM or USB flash drive
4. Insert the burned CD/DVD or USB flash drive into the locked computer.