Problem: I have a Compaq laptop with windows 7. I have one user account which is mine and I forgot the password to it. I can’t find the reset disk anyway. Is there anyway I can change the password without a disk? I tried to enter safe mode to fix it, but failed.
The built-in Administrator account on Windows 7 is disabled or inactive by default so you can't access it even in safe mode. But you can try the following steps instead.
1. Turn on or restart the computer.
2. Tap the F10 key repeatedly once you see the Compaq logo until the recovery screen appears. On some models it may be the F11 key. This must be done before your operating system begins to load. If you see the Windows logo appear on screen, you'll have to restart and try again.
3. When the recovery screen appears, press "Next" and then "Yes" to perform a non-destructive recovery.
4. To perform a destructive recovery, click "Advanced" and then "Yes".
5. After the recovery is finished, the laptop will reboot.
If the steps mentioned above doesn’t work, there also exits opportunity to bypass your lost Windows 7 password as long as you get Windows Password Unlocker. Through this powerful Windows password reset tool, you can instantly reset forgotten Windows 7 password by creating a bootable password reset disk with a USB flash drive in seconds.
Worth noting: The bootable password reset disk can be created in any computer. It means you can download and install Windows Password Unlocker in any other computer if you cannot download it in your locked laptop.
1. Download and install Windows Password Unocker.
2. Create a bootable password reset disk with USB flash drive.
3. Boot your locked PC from the bootable disk.
4. Reset lost Windows 7 password to empty.
The whole Windows 7 password recovery disk will cost you no more than 5 minutes. 100% secure without any data damage or loss.