Forgetting Windows 2000 administrator password can bring you lots of troubles. Often times, reinstalling Windows entirely is not an option as you will lose all your computer data. But other options do exist. Here will introduce how to recover your lost Windows 2000 password via an alternate administrator account and Windows Password Unlocker.
Use an alternate administrator account
Like Windows 7/Vista/XP password recovery, you can also perform Windows password recovery by using an alternate administrator account.
1. Log in to your alternate administrator account.
2. When Windows loads, navigate to the "Run" option by opening "Start" menu.
3. Type "control userpasswords2" into the box that appears when "Run" opens. Click "OK."
4. Click "Reset Password" after selecting the account for which you do not remember the password. Enter a new password and then confirm your new password.
5. Click "OK."
Use Windows Password Unlocker
Windows Password Unlocker is an easy yet powerful Windows password recovery tool. Featuring read-only and instant recovery abilities, this efficient Windows password helps you safely reset lost Windows 2000 password recovery in no more than 5 minutes, without any loss or modification your computer data and settings, irrespective of your lost Windows password length and complexity. A blank CD/DVD or USB flash drive is required to do Windows 2000 password recovery with this application.
1. Download and install Windows Password Unlocker any available PC
2. One-click to burn a bootable password reset disk with a CD/DVD or USB flash drive.
3. Insert the bootable disk in your Windows 2000 computer.
4. Power on the computer and start your computer from the bootable disk.
5. When you access Windows password unlocker under WinPE, select your target user account to reset its password.
6. Log on to Windows 2000 machine without password after resetting Windows password .