Question: I have hp pavilion dv4 laptop. I forgot my administrator password. It's got fingerprint security system also. I can open my account with the help of finger security system but how can I change my password?
Procedure 1: Another available Windows administrator Account
1. Log on to the administrator account that you will use to reset the forgotten Windows password.
2. Open Local Users and Groups by clicking the Start button, typing lusrmgr.msc into the Search box, and then pressing ENTER.
3. Double-click Local Users and Groups, and then click Users.
4. Right-click the account that you need to reset the password for, and then click Set Password.
5. Type and confirm the new password.
Create password reset disk:
1. Open User Accounts by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking User Accounts and Family Safety, and then clicking User Accounts.
2. In the left pane, click Create a password reset disk, and then follow the instructions. Make sure you store the password reset disk in a safe place.
Reset password using reset disk:
You will not be able to follow these steps if you have locked your computer.
1. If you have typed the wrong password, you'll receive a message that says your user name or password is incorrect. When this message appears, click OK.
2. Click Reset password, and then follow the instructions.