When you forgot Windows password, you not only can use the password reset disk created by using the Windows built-in features to reset it, but also can use system recovery options provided by a Windows installation disc or your computer manufacturer. If you don't have either of those choices, you can create a system repair disc to access system recovery options. The following will show you how to create a system repair disc in Windows 7.
Steps to create a system repair disc
1. Open Backup and Restore by clicking the Start menu, Control Panel, System and Maintenance, and then clicking Backup and Restore in order.
2. In the left pane, click Create a system repair disc.
Note: Administrator permission required for this feature. So if you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
3. Insert a blank CD or DVD into your CD/DVD drive and click on the Create disc button
4. It will now start creating the System Repair Disc. Click Ok When it's finished.
5. Remove and label your new Windows 7 System Repair Disc from the CD/DVD drive.
If you forgot Windows password, you can boot from the system repair disc to access the system recovery options. Speaking from Windows password recovery, it is not advisable that you should use the system recovery options offered by the system repair disc to get rid of a forgotten or lost Windows password recovery. But it’s also highly recommended that you should create such a disc for other computer errors, like system crash.
As for Windows password recovery, the most effective method is to use a Windows password unlocker tool if you never create a password reset disk in advance. With Windows Password Unlocker, you can instantly reset your lost Windows password to blank in minutes, without any loss or damage to your computer data and settings. All you need to do is to download and install it in a computer that you can run as administrator, and then create a bootable password reset CD/DVD or USB drive via this application.