Microsoft Windows 7 provides sold functionality as an operating system. The OS has updated security, flashy presentation and an overall high level of performance. Yet, Windows 7 does not work very well if you can't log in the first place. You cannot do anything on your PC if you forgot password on Windows 7.
Have you ever bothered with this similar trouble? When encountering this trouble, we often have no idea how to do that except explaining or ask for help from some skilled computer technician.
This article describes how to create and use a password reset disk for a computer that is part of a workgroup, or that is not connected to a network. You can use a password reset disk to gain access to your computer if you forgot password on Windows 7.
Firstly, let's learn how to create a Windows 7 password reset disk.
The following methods require one blank, formatted floppy disk. Use a computer administrator account
If you logged on to the computer by using an administrator account, follow these steps to create a password reset disk for a user account:
1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
2. In Control Panel, click User Accounts.
3. In the User Accounts pane, click the account that you want to work with.
4. Under Related Tasks, click Prevent a forgotten password to start the Forgotten Password Wizard, and then click Next.
5. Insert a blank, formatted disk into drive A, and then click Next.
6. In the Current user account password box, type the password for the user account that you chose in step 3, and then click Next. The Forgotten Password Wizard creates the disk.
7. When the Progress bar reaches 100% complete, click Next, and then click Finish.
8. Remove and then label the password reset disk. Store the disk in a safe place.
Then, follow the steps for Windows 7 password reset issue.
1. If you enter the wrong password when you attempt to log on, Windows gives a tip that the password is incorrect. Click OK to close the message box.
2. Click Reset Windows Password, and then insert Windows password reset disk
3. Follow the steps in the Password Reset Wizard to create a new password.
4. Log on with the new password.