CEO Larry Page kicked off the earnings conference call and described not only the financial data but some other notable figures as well: the number of Google Plus users, how much they're sharing, how widely Chrome has been adopted and the current activation rate for Android devices.
- 10 million Google Plus users
- 1 billion items a day are being shared on Google Plus
- 160 million Chrome users
- 550,000 Android devices are being activated a day, with 160 million overall users
- +1 Button is being served 2.3 billion times a day
- $9.03 billion in gross revenue, up 32% from last year
- $6.23 billion in revenue from Google-owned sites
Those emerging products aren't monitized, he said, but they can generate "huge new business" for Google over time. He stressed that the company has experience monitizing successful products on a long-term basis. But that growth is also dependent on high customer usage, a point he acknowledged as he talked about Google's future health.
"We have made a good start," he said, "but we are at only 1% of what's possible." Read aeticle from Read Write Web.