Want to keep your personal computer safe and will not be accessed by unauthorized users? Changing your Windows XP password frequently is an efficient way to protect your computer, as most of us most likely be aware of.
Changing your password in Windows XP is simpleas well as something you ought to consider doing if you are having problems thinking about how your own.
Follow the easy steps below to change your Windows XP password:
Note: If you're trying to change your Windows XP password because you've forgotten it and can no longer get in to Windows, see Tip #2 at the bottom of the page for help.
Time Required: Changing your Windows XP password usually takes less than a few minutes
1. Click on Start and then Control Panel.
2. Click on the User Accounts link.
Note: If you're viewing the Classic View of Control Panel, double-click on the User Accounts icon.
3. In the pick an account to change area of the User Accounts window, click on your Windows XP user name.
4. Choose the Change my password link.
5. In the first text box, enter your existing password.
6. In the next two text boxes, enter the password you would like to start using.
Entering the password twice helps to make sure that you typed your new password correctly.
7. Click the Change Password button to confirm your changes.
8. You can now close the User Accounts window and the Control Panel window.
9. Now that your Windows XP password has been changed, you must use your new password to log on to Windows XP from this point forward.
10. Create a Windows XP password reset disk. This isn't a required step when changing your password but I highly recommend that you do it.
You do not need to create a new password reset disk if you already have one. Your previously created password reset disk will work no matter how many times you change your Windows XP password. But if you just wnat change your Windows password because of forgot Windows password, you do need to reset Windows password with Windows Password Unlocker.
And now Windows Password Unlocker is available for you three editions to perform Windows passsword recovery: Standard, Professional and Enterprise. So, you're worth it when you forgot any Windows password by careless. You may also want to view: